Thomas J. Reynolds Safety Award Winners Announced
May 12 2010
Safety and Health
PHOENIX, ARIZ. – The Association of Union Constructors (TAUC) on May 12 announced the winners of the annual Thomas J. Reynolds Awards for Excellence in Construction Safety and Health during a special ceremony at the 2010 TAUC Leadership Conference.
The Thomas J. Reynolds Awards were created more than two decades ago to recognize and commend the exceptional efforts made by TAUC members to prevent the occurrence of serious injury – or worse – on the jobsite.
Winners are recognized for achieving a zero DART (Days Away, Restricted or Transferred) rate in one of four categories. The winners of this year’s awards are as follows.
Category One: Over 1 Million Hours Worked Without a DART Case
- Cherne Contracting Corporation: 1.87 million hours
- Nooter Construction Company: 1.57 million hours
- Scheck Mechanical Corporation: 1.08 million hours
- Solid Platforms Inc.: 1.18 million hours
- Williams Specialty Services LLC: 1.01 million hours
Category Two: 500,000 – 1 Million Hours Worked Without a DART Case
- Atlantic Plant Services, Inc.: 777,898 hours
Category Three: 100,000 – 499,999 Hours Worked
- Brown Electric: 437,684 hours
- Dearborn Mid-West Conveyor Company: 252,802 hours
- Durr Mechanical Construction: 187,788 hours
- Forest City Erectors, Inc.: 161,210 hours
- Gribbins Insulation Co., Inc.: 317,491 hours
- J.R. Jensen Construction Co.: 101,780 hours
- Kelley Steel Erectors, Inc.: 105,338 hours
- Piping & Equipment Company: 315,013 hours
- Rand Construction Company: 222,117 hours
- Ryan & Associates, Inc.: 429,973 hours
- S.M. Electric Co., Inc.: 408,228 hours
- Scheck Industrial Corporation: 350,013 hours
Category Four: Less than 99,999 Hours Worked Without a DART Case
- Albay Construction Co.: 57,155 hours
- Delta Nooter, Inc.: 51,175 hours
- Johnson’s Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc.: 32,669 hours
- Lawdan Industries: 65,225 hours
- M&O Environmental Co.: 93,154 hours
- Scheck Mechanical Wisconsin Corporation: 95,151 hours
- Scheck Technical Services: 96,821 hours
- Walbridge-East: 64,306 hours
In addition, 30 companies received Certificates of Achievement for posting a DART rate of 25% or more below the national average, as calculated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Those companies receiving certificates were:
- Alberici Constructors
- Anderson Electric, Inc.
- APComPower, Inc.
- API, Inc.
- Atlantic Plant Maintenance
- AZCO Inc.
- Barton-Malow Company
- Bruce & Merrilees Electric Company
- Construction & Turnaround Services, LLC
- Corval Constructors, Inc.
- Enerfab Corporation
- Graycor Industrial Constructors Inc.
- Heimkamp Construction Company
- Howell & Howell Contractors, Inc.
- Independence Excavating Inc.
- J.J. White, Inc.
- M&O Insulation Company
- Matrix Service Industrial Contractors
- MC Industrial
- McCarl’s Inc.
- MCT Services, LLC
- Minnotte Contracting Corp.
- NAES Power Contractors
- Pioneer Pipe, Inc.
- Power Process Piping, Inc.
- RMF Nooter
- Sargent Electric Company
- Stevens Engineers & Constructors, Inc.
- United Anco Services, Inc.
- Williams Plant Services, LLC
Awards were given based on work performances during the 2009 calendar year. All direct-hire work-hours under all collective bargaining agreements were eligible.