OSHA makes changes to Outreach Training Program
July 5 2011
- Signing a statement of compliance that the training is conducted in accordance with Outreach Training Program requirements and procedures.
- Primary authorized trainers must teach at least 50% of the class and maintain a list of guest trainers, topics and their qualifications.
- Introduction to OSHA two-hour module is required.
- All 10-hour Construction courses must include four hours on Focus Four Hazards.
- All 30-hour classes must include two hours on Managing Safety and Health.
- New Outreach Training Program Reports must be used.
- Trainers must issue cards directly to students and must keep a copy of every card issued for a minimum of five years.
If you are an outreach instructor, you will be affected by these changes. Click here for more information.