WASHINGTON, D.C. – May 15, 2008 – The Association of Union Constructors (TAUC) elected four (4) new Board of Directors yesterday during the Opening Session of TAUC’s second annual Leadership Conference in Miami, FL.
The following individuals were elected to the Board to a two-year term (2008-2010):
– Charles Burns, J. J. White Inc.
– Tom Felton, MC Industrial
– Terry George, Sr., Bechtel Construction Company
– Thomas Van Oss, Cherne Contracting Corporation
“Each of these individuals brings with them a great deal of knowledge and experience that will greatly enhance our already diverse Board of Directors,” noted Stephen R. Lindauer, Chief Executive Officer of TAUC. “The board is charged with guiding our association and must ensure that TAUC remains a value to its membership and the construction industry,” said Lindauer.
The board also intends to bolster TAUC’s efforts to confront industry-wide challenges through advanced safety and health training, enhanced labor and management cooperation, and meaningful educational opportunities for its members and the union construction community. “Our association is a place where the issues and challenges that affect union contractors are dealt with head on,” said Robert Hoover, President of TAUC. “The new board and I are looking forward to refining our current efforts and developing new, progressive strategies that will impact the union construction industry in positive ways,” added Hoover.
TAUC’s Board consists of fifteen individuals, eleven of which comes from its Governing Member category as well as the Safety and Health Committee Chair, the Labor Committee Chair, the Local Employer Organization (LEO) Committee Chair and the Affiliate Committee Chair.
The full board consists of the following individuals:
– President Mr. Robert C Hoover, Vice President Labor/Quality – Aker Construction, Inc.
– First Vice President Mr. Robert W Santillo, President – McCarl’s Inc
– Second Vice President Mr. William H. Treharne P.E., Director of Engineering and Administration – Midwest Steel, Inc.
– Treasurer Mr. Rick Rives, President – Atlantic Plant Maintenance
– Secretary Mr. Richard P Carter, President – Fluor Constructors International, Inc.
– Safety and Health Committee Chair Mr. Bill Hering, Corporate Safety & Health Director – S. M. Electric Co., Inc.
– Labor Committee Chair Mr. Charles A Burns III, Executive Vice President – J.J. White Inc
– LEO Committee Chair Mr. James Watts, Administrator – Northwest Iron Workers Employers Association
– Affiliate Committee Chair Mrs. Sandy Harley, National Program Director Collectively Bargained Workers Compensation – SeaBright Insurance Company
– Mr. Tom Felton, President – MC Industrial
– Mr. Terry T. George Sr., Labor Relations Manger – Bechtel Construction Company
– Mr. Michael R Haller, Executive Vice President – Walbridge Aldinger Company
– Mr. Michael Kelley, President – Kelley Steel Erectors, Inc.
– Mr. LeRoy Stromberg, Chief Operating Officer – Alberici Constructors
– Mr. Thomas J Van Oss, Vice President Operations – Cherne Contracting Corporation
Immediate Past President and Ex-Officio Member of the Board:
– Mr. William W Brown, President & CEO – Ben Hur Construction Company
About The Association of Union Constructors (TAUC): TAUC is an association of concerned union contractors, primarily engaged in steel erection, industrial maintenance and construction. The mission of TAUC is to act as an advocate in advancing and enhancing the value of the union construction industry through an educated and action driven membership by promoting labor-management cooperation, workplace safety and health, and collaboration with construction users in order to help union contractors compete more effectively in the marketplace.